‘Berry Basil Medley’ Cocktail
Not just for tomato dishes, basil can give your cocktail a real kick. Combine this with the rich flavour of dark rum with a berry medley and you have yourself a daringly delicious drink. Not only does Stur pack in a good dose of vitamin C, you will also get a handful of other antioxidants from this one, including resveratrol, otherwise found in wine!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 20 blueberries
- 10 Blackberries
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 3 servings (4.8 ml total) of Stur ‘Boldly Blue & Blackberry’
- 50 ml dark rum
- 20 ice cubes
- Set aside 2 blueberries, 2 blackberries and 2 basil leaves to garnish your drink, on a small bamboo stick.
- Crush the remaining berries in a bowl using the back of a spoon.
- Spoon the berry mix into each glass.
- In a blender, blend the Stur ‘Boldly Blue & Blackberry’, dark rum and ice until the ice is blended well. Add a dash of water to help with blending.
- Add the remaining fresh basil leaves to each glass and pour over the iced drink. Stir the mix using a spoon.
- For a more intense basil flavour, you may also wish to blend some of the basil leaves with the ice.
Nutritional information (per serving):
Calories: 75 kcal
Carbohydrates: 4g (2% reference intake*)
Vitamin C: 120 mg (150% RDA)
* Reference intake of an average adult (2000 kcal)
Free from wheat & dairy. No added sugar. Vegan.
Our healthy cocktail recipes are developed by Nutritionist Kyla Williams DipION, BSc, MSc